This postcard view of Lundin LInks Beach dates to before 1916 (the year it was posted). There's so much going on in this picture - the five boys and their toy boat in the foreground, the beach huts at the edge of the sand being used by the many beach-goers there that day, and the houses in the distance above the Massney Braes. The Crescent Road houses named Glenairlie (formerly Murree Lodge), Bourtree Brae and Westcliffe/Seacliffe are visible, as are the houses at the junction of Emsdorf Road and Drummochy Road (above the railway bridge), and part of Woodlands Road to the right of that. The detail below shows just how busy the beach could get a century ago.
This blog is about the history of the villages of Lundin Links, Lower Largo and Upper Largo in Fife, Scotland. Comments and contributions from readers are very welcome!
There is no in-built search facility on this site. To search for content, go to Google and type your search words followed by "lundin weebly".