Ten years later, the family has expanded to ten children and the census is more specific in stating that they are at Coventry Cottage. In fact, they would remain at this address for decades, and the house still bears the same name today. It is shown in the centre of the photograph below - the cream coloured house with two dormer windows.
In 1888 "the proprietor of Largo Harbour [was] erecting a very substantial W.C. for the benefit of sailors and fishers...at the south corner of the pier. Mr Alexander Williamson is the contractor" stated the Fife Herald of 26 September. In 1891 the Simpson Institute opened in Upper Largo and the Courier of 9 May listed the various contractors involved in its creation...."Mr Williamson, plasterer, Largo" was listed. When restoration and alterations were carried out in 1895 on Largo Parish Church, the job book shows that Mr Williamson was involved as a slater and a plasterer. In 1901 a mansion was built in Leven for a Mr G.W. Bruce, described in the Courier of 1 May as "the most important addition to the architecture of Fife since Montrave was built". The plasterer was Alexander Williamson and the house was Linwood House (now Orchard House).
On 8 June 1922, the Courier reported on the Golden Wedding of the Williamsons, who still resided in Coventry Cottage. The report included the following:
"Mr Williamson, on removing from Pittenweem around 45 years ago, started a business in Largo, which he conducted successfully, retiring some 17 years ago. Mr Williamson, who does not look his years, is a keen bowler, and only the other year won the championship of Lundin Links Club. Mrs Williamson also enjoys good health, and both were the recipients of congratulations on attaining such an interesting landmark in their lives."
Isabella Williamson passed away in 1928, age 76, while Alexander Williamson died in 1934 at the age of 86, at Coventry Cottage.