Back in 1965, plans were approved to alter the above buildings on Emsdorf Street into a connected newsagent shop and snack bar. Situated on the south side of the street, and run by the Jurecki family, the planned layout of the business is shown below.
These buildings were originally outbuildings associated with Emsdorf House - a substantial house with large gardens, which is situated behind, set back from the street. Between the 1930s and 1960s, James Kemp owned Emsdorf House and a 'shop and workshop'. He was a newsagent so it seems likely that this shop was already a newsagent shop prior to the 1965 alteration (the 'snack bar' being converted from the earlier workshop). The 1899 image below shows the old outbuildings on the left centre, before any of the above, just left of the man on the cart, behind the tree.
Thanks to University of Aberdeen for permission to share the above image. Photo © University of Aberdeen / Special Collections Centre
Finally, above is a photo of how the building looks today. In recent years it had been home to Hogan's Bar. But when the bar closed several years ago, the building was converted once more - this time to residential use. Nevertheless it is still recognisable with the white pillars marking out where the different elements of the business once were.
This blog is about the history of the villages of Lundin Links, Lower Largo and Upper Largo in Fife, Scotland. Comments and contributions from readers are very welcome!
There is no in-built search facility on this site. To search for content, go to Google and type your search words followed by "lundin weebly".