The bazaar held in August 1886 cleared most of the outstanding costs of the hall. The Fife Herald (18 August 1886) above give some details of the stalls at the bazaar, which was opened by Dr Stuart Palm. The star items for sale were Robinson Crusoe related, recognising the name of the Lodge. After years of meeting in places such as the school room or a church, having a dedicated hall under the temperance banner was a great achievement for the Robinson Crusoe Lodge. Their "very substantial brick building" (see photograph below) was not only used by the Lodge but was made available for any other "good, moral and religious purpose". Some examples of the types of events that took place in the new hall are seen in the newspaper archives further below.
In 1887, a concert was held in the hall in aid of Largo Reading Room (30 July Fife News). Also known as Lower Largo Library, the reading room came into existence around 1884, pre-dating the reading room at the Simpson Institute. Being the height of the summer season, concert performers were mainly visitors from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Cupar. There was a trend over many decades for summer visitors to put on performances - making their own entertainment before the days of cinema.
By 1900, most towns, and many villages, had their own temperance hall. Similar facilities could be found in Pittenweem, Crail and Kennoway for example. The Lundin Mill hall was owned by the Templars until the Second World War, when the Robinson Crusoe Social Club took over ownership. More to come on the Social Club and on Ida Ballingall's School of Dancing (which held classes in the hall for years) to come in the future.