John M. Fairlie came to Lundin Links station in October 1928, after five years at Aberfoyle station. He replaced Mr Henry Wilson who had been promoted to Oakley near Dunfermline after two years at Lundin Links. Mr Fairlie was born in 1869 in Killearn in Stirlingshire and was one of eight children. His father Archibald was a 'carrier' who delivered goods and was probably involved at the local railway station. By the age of 21, John had become a railway booking clerk in Glasgow. His work with the railways saw him move around over the years but Lundin Links was to be John Fairlie's last station. He retired in 1932 after 45 years service with the railways. His replacement at Lundin Links was female station master, Elizabeth Scott. Mr Fairlie's retirement spanned twenty years, until he died in 1952 at the age of 83.
This blog is about the history of the villages of Lundin Links, Lower Largo and Upper Largo in Fife, Scotland. Comments and contributions from readers are very welcome!
There is no in-built search facility on this site. To search for content, go to Google and type your search words followed by "lundin weebly".