The accomodation was described as follows:
"It is fitted up for sixteen inmates, each having a sitting and a sleeping apartment. In the centre is a large hall, where they are convened to prayers morning and evening; above which is a room for the meetings of the patrons."
Each resident had a monthly allowance and a share of the garden. They could undertake whatever tasks they were able to around the grounds. The photograph below shows men working in the garden in 1950.
Further renovation was carried out in 1975, following the sale of Monturpie farm and then a few years later several sheltered houses were built within the grounds. John Wood's Houses is now a supported housing complex, comprising 15 bungalows and 8 flats, for people over the age of 55.