At the unveiling ceremony, pictured left, the Sheriff-Principal J.A. Fleming, K.C. stated that 51 men had fallen of the 284 men of the parish which had served. Their names were inscribed on three panels and were read out during the event (the fourth panel is shown below). Music was provided by the Largo Brass Band and a choir. Wreaths were placed around the base of the memorial and a bugler sounded the 'Last Post'. The singing of the National Anthem brought proceedings to a close.
After World War Two, panels were added to the wall behind the original memorial, containing the names of those who were lost between 1939 and 1945. These two panels contain 16 names between them.
We will remember them.