Moving forward a decade in the newspaper archives, the situation seems to have completely turned around. The Pier Committee was still going strong and, at their 1936 AGM, the chairman reported that "the pier, pavilion and seating accommodation...were in good condition and generally improved." Twelve months later and on 3 November 1937, the AGM of the Pier Committee drew a "large attendance" and some new members were appointed. A report was given on the year's activities and a sound financial balance was recorded. Far from discussing the survival of the pier, matters of discussion included the provision of new ladders on the pier and the "ways and means of removing decaying seaweed from the harbour bed".
The following year's AGM was similarly upbeat, with accounts in a "healthy state". The main topic of discussion was a "proposal to provide a canvas shelter for the pierrot show". Also a "friend" of the committee had offered provision of 200 seats for free. The pierrot shows may be long gone but Lower Largo is still a popular seaside holiday destination with visitors enjoying a walk, a meal or a spot of fishing on the pier. Let's hope in the not too distant future we see positive post-restoration stories in the press.