In 1932, Police Constable Andrew Skinner, of 'Lundin Mill Police Station' suffered severe injuries in a cycling accident. The Fife Free Press reported on 9 January that "Constable Skinner was cycling between Pilmuir Farm and Dangerfield, a short distance from Lundin Links, when the front forks of his machine snapped and he was thrown to the ground." He was taken to Wemyss Memorial Hospital with facial injuries.
By the late 1980s, the book 'Largo 21' noted that the Lundin Links police beat "is policed by two constables who both reside at and work from the police station in Lundin Links". At that time the Lundin Links/Lower Largo/Upper Largo beat was part of the Anstruther section (having previously been part of a Levenmouth police area). Not long after this, the Lundin Links police station, like so many other village stations closed, and the building became private housing (although retaining the 'POLICE' sign above the door). The era of the police house was effectively ended in 1994 when the government prevented police forces from offering houses as part of remuneration packages. And so, the notion of the village police house, as a place where locals could come to hand in an item of lost property or report some suspicious activity, became a distant memory.