Early in the following year, things were progressing as the Evening Telegraph on 6 March described that the Parish Council had received letters from proprietors "agreeing to allow the new road to be made through their gardens at the Temple". The Council was to renounce all claims to the two old roads but at least some parts of the existing roads were to be re-formed and metalled. It was thought that the "road to the depot" could be made serviceable by "carting away the loose surface and lowering the brae, and thus save the expense of a tramway."
The new road was duly built in 1903 but some controversy still remained, with two individuals raising an action against the Parish Council, claiming that the new road had been built on their property without consent. The 6 October Courier in 1903 elaborated that:
"the pursuers say that, without their knowledge or consent, the Largo Parish Council formed a new public road through the portion of ground forming part of the bleaching green of the Temple of Strathairly, and that the said piece of ground is their private and exclusive property. The Parish Council allege that the ground in question forms part of the old bleaching green of Strathairly, which was appropriated to the use of the feuers of Strathairly as a bleaching green and for other public purposes generally. The pursuer's agent admitted that the ancient boundaries were difficult to determine."
The case appears to have been dropped and the road still follows the same course today.