Dominating the left side of the street is the rear of Rose Cottage (the front of which can be seen below in a Canmore photograph dating to the mid-1970s. Listed in 1984, the listing description is as follows:
Circa 1860; single storey and attic 3-bay cottage, whin rubble with prominent painted droved ashlar dressings. Central door, 12-pane glazing in ground and 3 bowed dormers. Slated roof, straight skews, end stacks with 3 diamond flues to each. 3 windows to rear with small piended addition at north east. Plaster decoration remains in hall.