This wide-angled shot of Lundin Links Post Office and the streets to either side of it dates to the early years of the last century. Adverts for Cadbury's and Pullar's surround the Post Office entrance, with the name M. Bremner sitting proudly above in large letters. Margaret Bremner was the first shopkeeper to occupy this parade of businesses, opening in 1896. As well as running the postal side of things, Miss Bremner was also a grocer and stationer and a point of contact for holiday accommodation, among other things. Below is an 1898 advert from the Edinburgh Evening News naming her as agent for the hiring of pianos! Margaret Bremner lived above the Post Office in 'Park View', so named due to the view across to the wooded area known then as Fir Park. Very active in the Lundin Ladies Golf Club, she was elected to the club's committee in 1893 and subsequently held the roles of secretary, treasurer (for over 20 years) and was twice Captain.
This blog is about the history of the villages of Lundin Links, Lower Largo and Upper Largo in Fife, Scotland. Comments and contributions from readers are very welcome!
There is no in-built search facility on this site. To search for content, go to Google and type your search words followed by "lundin weebly".