The Fife Free Press of 29 February 1936 reported that "Largo is soon to be in the fashion and have its quota of council houses" with over 30 houses planned between both Upper and Lower Largo. The same paper, on 27 June 1936, noted that "prospective tenants for the long-promised County Council housing scheme in Largo locality are anxiously awaiting a definite start being made to provide these houses. The fact that so far no evidence exists at the proposed sites of the actual work being commenced is causing some of the residents to wonder whether the scheme will ever materialise."
However, by the end of 1937, tenders were advertised for the roadways and sewer works on the west Station Park site (see notice below from 3 December Dundee Courier). This was followed a year later with a notice inviting tenders for the actual building work (see further below) for 22 houses.
The later phase of Station Park was added some years later (1947) and extended the development east towards the Durham Hall (see image at foot of this post). Fifty houses were added in the second phase, which was part of a large-scale, post-war house building programme across Fife at the time.