In October 1947, The Beach Hotel Leven Ltd was granted a certificate for a new hotel in Lundin Links, the Tourist Board having stressed the need for more hotels in the area. Previously known as Aithernie House (see earlier posts), the Beach Hotel existed until 1980 when it evolved into its present guise as the Old Manor Hotel. As the newspaper adverts below show, the hotel was open year round - offering both accommodation to summer visitors and social functions for locals.
So, 150 years after it was built as a home for the Misses Rigg, Aithernie House (as it was originally named) continues to be an important building within the village of Lundin Links. The picture below shows the Old Manor Hotel as it is now. Today, the hotel has 23 bedrooms as well as two function suites (named Largo and Lundie), a private dining room (named Aithernie) and a restaurant (named Seaview). The magnificent views across the golf course to the Forth and beyond remain as lovely as they were 150 years ago.
This blog is about the history of the villages of Lundin Links, Lower Largo and Upper Largo in Fife, Scotland. Comments and contributions from readers are very welcome!
There is no in-built search facility on this site. To search for content, go to Google and type your search words followed by "lundin weebly".