There will be many a kent face in this wonderful mid-1960s photograph featuring of some of the Largo St David's Church congregation, including the choir and the Life Boys. The occasion was a fund-raising concert in the Durham Hall for the works required to relocate the Church Bell. The original tall bell-cote at the top of the church frontage had to be removed for safety reasons. On 3rd January 1965 the Church Bell (which had been presented to the congregation in 1871 by Mrs Alice Hogg of Glasgow) was re-sited at the north gable of the Church. At the same time, the bell was made electrically operated - the cost of the conversion being met by the congregation and a bequest made by the late Margaret Nicoll, Church Treasurer, in whose memory it was dedicated.
A special song was written and performed at the concert - the words of which are shown below. The minister at the time was Rev. Angus H. Haddow (fifth from the left in the back row) who had arrived in 1963. In 1965 a special service was held to rededicate the Church Bell, as well as new external wall railings and gates (the previous railings having been removed during World War Two). The images further below show the church building before and after these alterations.