Anyway, the newspaper archives from the late nineteenth century onwards have the occasional mention of the Inn - usually when it was up for sale or when a license was up for renewal. Below is an example of a For Sale notice, dating from 1900. It briefly describes the layout and condition of the premises. Stables are not mentioned in this particular advert but there were probably stables associated with the inn in the early days.
"Mid 18th century with much later alteration. 2 storey, 3 bays with 2 additional eastern bays now 3 Lea-Rig. Harled with painted margins and quoins. Central entrance bay slightly projecting, 2 windows in west gable end, single storey 3-bay rear wing, pantiled roofs; 3 Lea-Rig altered fenestration, slate roof. Out-buildings adjoining to east."
Its historical interest is enhanced by its situation adjacent to Bridgend House and the railway viaduct - together these structures make an attractive grouping next to the waterfront.
This 1980 advert recalls the days when stream trains crossed the viaduct bringing trade to the Inn, which was a stone's throw from Largo Station. This advert ran 15 years after the station closed but business must have still been brisk enough to have caused the Inn to have run out of ale! Happily stocks were soon replenished.