This advert from the 1960s is for the two Beach Hotels - one in Leven and one in Lundin Links - both of which were under the same ownership at the time. The hotel in Lundin Links started life as Aithernie House, built in 1864 for the Misses Rigg and Miss Haymes. It became The Beach Hotel after the Second World War and it continues as a hotel today, now named The Old Manor. The image below shows the original frontage and some guests can just be made out enjoying the sunny garden. The Leven Beach Hotel was damaged by fire in 1989 and subsequently was demolished. The Beach Nursing Home replaced it on the site a few years later.
This blog is about the history of the villages of Lundin Links, Lower Largo and Upper Largo in Fife, Scotland. Comments and contributions from readers are very welcome!
There is no in-built search facility on this site. To search for content, go to Google and type your search words followed by "lundin weebly".