Victoria Road follows the same curved arrangement as its neighbour, Crescent Road (which was developed first). Two of the earliest buildings on Victoria Road are prominent in the above postcard. These two pairs of semi-detached villas are set out symmetrically at the junction of Victoria Road and Links Road. Featuring a fair bit of architectural detail, these buildings would have welcomed visitors making their way up towards the heart of the village from the railway station. The villas would have been a striking contrast to the open ground which lay in front of them at this time. Handily, these buildings are clearly dated on their external stonework - the one on the left is dated 1897 and the other 1896. See an earlier post for a similar turn of the century view of this junction. Now, of course, Peacehaven residential care home lies at the corner plot close to where the three men are standing.
This blog is about the history of the villages of Lundin Links, Lower Largo and Upper Largo in Fife, Scotland. Comments and contributions from readers are very welcome!
There is no in-built search facility on this site. To search for content, go to Google and type your search words followed by "lundin weebly".