Manderlea was built as a boarding house in the early years of the twentieth century to meet the demand for accommodation for visitors to Lundin Links. Handily situated between the railway station and the centre of the village, on Links Road, the house also boasted fantastic sea views from its elevated position. Plus, as this photograph illustrates, it was an ideal location for visiting golfers. This picture was captured in 1949 by Mrs Helen Muir, from a window of Manderlea. It shows the railway line running along the foot of the gardens, and, on the other side, the golf club house, car park and golf shop originally belonging to Alex Patrick. Residents staying here would have had plenty to look at out their windows - the sea, the trains, the golfers. Nowadays, the building is divided into flats and is known as 'Manderlea Court' - the view still as lovely but not so good for train spotting any more. Many thanks to Mrs Muir for the glimpse back in time!
This blog is about the history of the villages of Lundin Links, Lower Largo and Upper Largo in Fife, Scotland. Comments and contributions from readers are very welcome!
There is no in-built search facility on this site. To search for content, go to Google and type your search words followed by "lundin weebly".