In 1926, Moscrip had a villa erected in the expanding village of Lundin Links, on the west edge of Leven Road. The house was 'Duddingston House' (see image), built to a design by Leven-based architect Andrew Haxton (also responsible for the Troxy cinema in Leven). On 2 June, the Leven Mail reported, under the headline "Creeping Westwards", that...
"We are glad to see mallet and chisel are kept engaged in Lundin Links. Another fine villa is in course of erection at the west end for Mr Moscrip, one more step towards Leven. We wonder when Leven will begin to reciprocate by a building boom from Scoonie."
In fact, around the same time, Haxton also designed 'Stanely', slightly further west on the other side of Leven Road for Victor Donaldson, Leven timber merchant. It is not dissimilar in style to Duddingston House.
William Moscrip died on 10 March 1937, from complications resulting from a cold, caught after attending a performance by the Leven Amateur Musical Association. The illness affected his heart and he passed away at Duddingston House aged 52. He was survived by his wife Mary. Moscrip was succeeded at the National Steel Foundry by Robert Hamilton, who resided at 'Haworth' (also on Leven Road in Lundin Links).