In 1910, major alterations were carried out to the school, including the central front addition. This originally housed the cloakroom and a 'Teacher's Retiring Room' with store and WC. At that time there were two main classrooms within the main part of the building plus an 'Infants' Classroom' (capacity 56) jutting out at the back of the building, with its own rear porch and external door. The rear playground was divided into the girls' and the boys' halves, each with their own play-sheds and toilet blocks. Their was a back entrance/exit to the playground allowing access from the back lanes and vennels on the Emsdorf Street side.
The photograph below is thought to be late 1920s/early 1930s. Certainly the metal railings and gate show it to be pre-World War Two. The loss of these railings altered the appearance of the school again. The result can be seen further below in a 1966 image where more modern-style railings have been installed. Less than a decade later, the school was moved to the present site and a very modern building. Soon afterwards, the library took over the old school building and has remained there until the present day. However, the building looks set for further change in the not too distant future, as the library is scheduled to close.